Web App Development Cost: The Key Information
So you've decided to discover how much does it cost to build a web app? Great! Today we will look at this topic and discuss its crucial aspects.
DO YOU NEED SOME UNIQUE SOLUTION?
Just contact us and we will create it for youGet in Touch
Reasons For Starting A Web App Development
You can find many reasons why you should start a project. Maybe you need a new way to communicate with your customers/employees, or you want to create a new platform for selling products. Whatever the reason, there are a few things to keep in mind when starting a web application development.
First and foremost, deciding what you're trying to achieve is essential. Are you looking to create an online presence for your business? Build an online store? Develop a more interactive way of communicating with your customers? Or maybe you want to create a trading system? Once you know what you’re aiming for, it’s easier to figure out the necessary tools and resources.
Secondly, consider the time commitment required. Web app development can be time-intensive. That’s why you need to check that you have the resources available to make your project successful. Finally, always remember that quality is key in IT projects.
So make sure all your code is well-written and error-free. Experienced contractor services can be a convenient option in this case.
Web Application Development Types
There are four main types of web app development:
- Backend (typically involves developing the underlying infrastructure and programming logic of the product)
- Frontend (focuses on developing the user interface or presenting the data to users)
- Hybrid (combines aspects of both backend and frontend development)
- Mobile (involves creating an app that can be accessed through a mobile device such as a phone or tablet)
Separately, the software as a service (SaaS) option is worth mentioning. It is a delivery model for software that enables organizations to deploy and use software over the Internet. In SaaS, the software is delivered over the Internet to users in a web-based environment.
By the way, if you want to create a software as a service product, we recommend you read our article dedicated to finding the optimal way to choose a reliable SaaS development company.
Web Hosting And Additional Tools Costs
Here is the most crucial part of starting web app development because web hosts will provide a space on their servers for your website and all the files and databases that make it run. Bluehost, HostGator, 1and1, Siteground, and DreamHost are the most popular web hosts. They range in price from $3/month to $100/year.
The other ingredient of web app development cost is tools. You'll need a programming language to create the website's code and an editor like Sublime Text or Notepad++ to edit it. Other common instruments include Git (for version control) and Google Analytics (to track visitor activity).
Secondly, it is a widely-used language. According to the JS Foundation, it is the most popular programming language in the world, with more than 85 percent of all website traffic happening in browsers that support it.
Documentation And Support
It is essential to ensure that the web app is well-documented and has support available. Documentation can include written instructions, screencasts, FAQs, and user guides.
Additionally, support can involve both technical assistance and forum participation. While it may not be necessary for every web app development process, providing adequate documentation and support helps ensure that users can use and enjoy the final product.
Cost Of Developing A Web Application
Whether you are a business looking to start web application development of your own product or an individual looking to update an existing one, you are likely wondering how much it will cost.
Here are some of the factors that will affect the cost of this process:
- The type, complexity, and size of the app you are building
- The number of users you expect to have
- The timeframe for development
Additionally, here are some examples of how much could be the cost of web application development:
- A simple app that requires no backend development costs $5,000 to $10,000
- A more complex one that requires some backend development costs $10,000 to $25,000
- An application that requires full backend development costs $25,000 to $50,000. So you should be prepared to pay such an amount of money if you decide to create an MVP version of a SaaS/web app.
- A web app that is ready for launch costs $50,000 to $100,000. It means that full product development is the most expensive option on the list.
How To Reduce The Web App Development Cost?
There are a few ways to reduce the cost of developing a web application to get your project off the ground without breaking the bank.
Firstly, since you can use the services of developers from around the world, the product price can also depend on the country where your contractors are based. For instance, in one of our previous articles, we explained why Ukrainian programmers are a great choice if you are looking for excellent quality for a fair price.
Another way to reduce web app development cost is to use free or low-cost software platforms. But it’s doubtful they can give you the privilege of building a custom solution that distinguishes you from your competitors. And this is an essential point in any business because the success of the whole idea of the creators depends on it.
Scope Of Work For Web Application Development
Keeping the scope of work in mind when building a web application is essential. This will help determine the estimated cost and schedule. Web app development typically requires completing a discovery phase, design, coding, testing, and deployment.
So here are some factors to consider:
- Discovery phase. During the discovery phase, you should first identify your target market. After that, you need to figure out what features your app will have and what they will cost. Once you know all of that, it's time to start working on a design.
- Design (UI/UX). This phase is the process of creating a frontend or backend interface for your web app. This includes everything from designing the layout and icons to choosing the right fonts and colors. You also need to consider how users will interact with your app, from finding and selecting items to fill out forms.
- Minimum viable product (MVP) development. In this phase, you should create a product with the least amount of features and functionality possible. This allows for early feedback and engagement with potential customers, which can help determine if the product idea is viable and if any additional features or changes need to be made.
- Technical service and support. This is a period when the web app is kept up to date with security patches, bug fixes, and new features. It is important to ensure that the web app remains a viable option for users. During this phase, updates are also made available to existing users who have purchased the app.
Now you know how much does it cost to build a web app. As you can see, it can vary significantly depending on the project's specifics. We recommend you speak to an experienced contractor to get an accurate estimate of the time and cost of this process.
The Wetelo team offers web application development services. Our specialists have vast experience in this field. Moreover, lately, Wetelo has been selected among the Top Node.js Development Companies by DesignRush. So you can be sure of the quality of our work.
Please feel free to contact us, and our specialists will provide you with detailed information about the benefits of cooperation with us.
We wish you success on your way to building a great product. Have a nice day.